OTS Introduction in English
About Orange Tulip Scholarship programme
The Orange Tulip Scholarship China Programme was launched in September 2008. It not only aims to create opportunities for talented Chinese students to study in Holland, but also to improve the competitive position of the Netherlands in international education market of China and to promote the Netherlands as an ideal studying and working destination. With the close cooperation with the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands, Neso China intends to further expand the Orange Tulip Scholarship Programme by involving more sponsors and increasing the number of study programmes. Dutch higher education institutions and companies are encouraged to participate into this programme.
The Orange Tulip Scholarship China programme is open to qualified students both from Mainland China, Hong Kong and Macao. As the earliest country to establish this scholarship, more than a hundred Chinese students have been benefited from this initiative. For the upcoming 2017/2018 academic year, 22 Dutch higher education institutions are going to offer 66 scholarships with a total value of € 840,000 to Chinese top talents. It almost covers all fields of studies.
Basic Application Requirements on OTS scholarship
- You are a citizen of People's Republic of China, including Mainland China, Hong Kong SAR and Macau SAR.
- You currently are not studying or working in the Netherlands.
- You are intend to pursue a Bachelor or Master’s degree in a Dutch university (preparatory and exchange programmes are excluded).
- You meet the specific requirements of the institution of your choice.
- You are in the process of applying for or already admitted by specific Dutch universities.
General Application Checklist
In order to apply for the OTS programme, applicants have to prepare the following documents and upload them through the OTS Online application System.
- Online application form (all sponsors)
- The proof that the admission process with the Dutch institution has started (all sponsors)
- Curriculum Vitae in English (some sponsors)
- 2 recommendation letters in English with the signature of the writer (some sponsors)
OTS Online Application System
The OTS Online application system for academic year 2017-2018 will be launched at the beginning of December 2015 and be closed on May 1st 2017. Please be note that universities have different deadlines from 15 January to 1 May.
General Selection Procedure
- Online application ( students)
- Counseling (Neso China)
- Information collection and delivery to universities ( Neso China)
- Selection and nomination (Sponsors)
- Inform nominees ( Neso China)
- Announce the result (Neso China)
- Awarding ceremony (Neso China)
OTS Annual Awarding Ceremony
2016/2017 OTS Awarding Ceremony at the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Beijing, 25 June, 2016
The OTS annual awarding ceremony is held in June every year. OTS sponsors, scholarship students and their companions, Dutch and Chinese governmental officers, media, education agencies and other partner institutions are invited. Participants witness and celebrate the success of all scholarship awardees together.